We are seeking a highly motivated, dynamic and visionary Artistic Director / CEO to lead the company through the next exciting chapter of its 40-year history. You will be responsible for the artistic vision, creative, entrepreneurial and strategic leadership, ensuring the company achieves its artistic and financial objectives.
The successful applicant will have a strong record of achievement in an artistic leadership role, including the capacity to develop and deliver an artistic vision; to communicate the vision with confidence and passion to the community, funding bodies, donors and sponsors; create and deliver work across artform and to work collaboratively with artists and partners.
As CEO the successful applicant will also have strong business acumen including experience in managing financial requirements and delivering on UTP’s growth strategy. It is expected that the successful candidate will contribute to the development of the 2021-2024 Strategic Plan.
Key responsibilities will include
- Leading the design and delivery of artistic programs
- The curation and delivery of the Annual Program, including the development and commissioning of artists
- Leading and developing artistic policy to create a program of high-quality contemporary art across artforms
- Developing the widest possible audience for the company’s work and championing its commitment to accessibility and affordability
Direction and Strategy:
- Providing strong, inspirational and high-profile leadership to enable the business to achieve artistic and strategic objectives
- Developing a business plan including vision, mission and goals
- Establishing and implementing strategic objectives and key performance indicators (KPIs)
- Overseeing and taking financial management responsibility
- Playing an active role in fundraising and sponsor development
- Developing strong working relationships with the Board of Directors and its associated sub-committees
To be successful for this role you must have the following:
- A strong record of achievement in an artistic leadership role
- Be highly motivated and possess a creative arts background
- The capacity to develop and deliver an artistic vision; to communicate the vision with confidence and passion to the community, funding bodies, donors and sponsors
- The ability to work collaboratively with artists and partners
- Strong business acumen including experience in managing financial requirements, adhering to budgets and delivering growth
We are an inclusive employer and encourages applications from First Nations and CaLD artists. The successful applicant will join the company at an exciting time with new work to be developed and presented with confirmed partners in Tokyo and Tasmania.
Applications close on Monday 15th April, 2019
All enquiries should be directed to The Recruitment Alternative on 1300 548 546.
Please note only candidates that meet the selection criteria will be contacted.
Image Credit: Home Country, Photo By Heidrun Lohr