Urban Theatre Projects is looking for a General Manager to be the link between the artistic imperatives and business outcomes of UTP.
In collaboration with Dr. Jessica Olivieri, Artistic Director/CEO, the General Manager will effectively develop and realise UTP’s business plan to ensure the organisations artistic and economic viability and meet stakeholder obligations. The General Manager is also responsible for ensuring that UTP’s business, financial, physical and human resources are maintained and/or enhanced to safeguard the Company’s short and long term future.
The General Manager has responsibility for the leadership and management of the marketing, development and administrative staff so that the objectives of the organisation are achieved.
The General Manager will ensure that the Artistic Director/CEO and Board have access to high level advice with regard to the statutory, corporate and legal obligations of the organisation and will oversee the reporting and effective management of compliance.
With the Artistic Director/CEO, the General Manager assumes an advocacy role for UTP within the broader community as well as with major stakeholders and within the cultural and performing arts industries.
The successful candidate will have the proven ability to promote the best from a strong core team of seven. They will ensure the organisation’s culture is inclusive, collaborative and positive, as well as creatively bold and ambitious.
We envisage the new General Manager will have at least seven years not-for-profit experience as a leader or manager within a community, educational institution, arts or cultural organisation.
- Experience leading an organisation’s financial, legal and operational needs
- Demonstrated ability to identify: long term resourcing needs; industry and audience trends; risk management and governance issues
- Experience developing and driving a fundraising strategy to diversify income streams
- Experience developing partnerships within the arts sector; community sector; corporate sector; university sector; private sector and with individual philanthropists
- Experience securing grants from government and non-government sources
- Experience developing and delivering a business plan (project based) and strategic plan (organisation based)
- Experience providing access to high level advice with regard to the statutory, corporate and legal obligations of the organisation and oversee the reporting and effective management of compliance
- Strong networks within the Western Sydney arts/cultural/community sector
- Track record as an advocate for the arts/cultural/community sector
- Experience with social enterprise models of income generation
- Experience leading a Producing team to realise art projects
- Experience leading a marketing team to grow audiences and brand awareness
To apply for this position, please submit a CV and a cover letter that addresses the selection criteria (no longer than 2 A4 pages). Please include 3 referee contacts (name, role, phone number and email address).
UTP welcomes applications from First Nations Australians and Torres Strait Islanders, people from diverse cultural and linguistic backgrounds and people with a disability. If you have individual requirements that need to be accommodated in order to participate in the selection process please indicate this in your application.
This role is for two years full time with the option to renew, 4 weeks annual leave, six month probation period.
Deadline for applications is Midnight Friday 30 August 2019
If you’re interested, please contact our Artistic Director/ CEO Jessica Olivieri via email@example.com or 0458294144